Thierry Henry Home
Add to your favorites
Subscribe to Thierry's Feed

       WALLPAPERS   |   BIO   |   GALLERY   |   VIDEOS   |   LINK TO ME
 

Friday, September 01, 2006

A new striker comes to Arsenal

Share |

Brazilian striker Baptista came to Arsenal in a swap deal which saw Jose Antonio Reyes go the other way in a years long loan which will give FC Arsenal the option to buy the player.

Julio Baptista has been speaking for the first time about his move to Arsenal and he says he's here ti win titles.

"For me, I haven`t won anything for some time, it is my hope that I can get a title with Arsenal this season"

"I believe Arsenal is one of the best clubs in Europe. I am very happy to be given the opportunity to come here, where I know the coach a little." he said in an interview with Arsenal official site.

Settling in also shouldn't be a problem for the player as he knows most of the exisiting team members already.

"I know nearly all the players here," he noticed. "I know Gilberto the most from the Brazilian national team and I also know Thierry Henry and Cesc Fabregas. In fact I could probably name all the players."

It's good to know that Arsenal supporters can get their first glimpse of Baptista by buying a ticket to the Brazil vs Argentina clash at Ashburton Grove this weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home